Friday 9 October 2009

Introduction to HCI

The first lecture for the HCI course I have just started was an introduction in more ways than one.

Firstly, it was an introduction to the course content for the following weeks studying Human-Computer Interaction, one of the first modules I am taking for my MSc degree in Human Centred Computer Systems.

Secondly, it was introduction in the sense that I have never studied this subject in any capacity before. I studied Biology for my undergrad degree, and the nearest we came to computing was using the odd excel spreadsheet!

My first taster was a good one...in stark contrast to the two hours of 'Academic Development' following...It didn't occur to me that computer games fell under this category, and having been an avid gamer since, probably, the age of 6, I was understandbly very excited by this!

No comments:

Post a Comment